Connecting the dots... Just right
A lampshade is a fixture that covers the lightbulb on a lamp to diffuse the light it emits. Lampshades can be made out of a wide variety of materials like paper, glass, fabric or stone. ... A lamp shade also serves to "shade" human eyes from the direct glare of the light bulbs used to illuminate the lamp.
Lampshades are classified in four basic shapes: drum, empire, bell or coolie depending on their shape. A drum or cylinder shade typically features vertical sides, sometimes with a very slight incline where the top of the shade is slightly smaller than the bottom. A slightly greater incline produces a "floor" shade which is not far from the "true" drum profile. As the slope of the side of the shade increases, the design moves through the classic empire shade (or variation with straight or bell-curved sides) on towards the more pyramidal-style shape of a coolie shade.
Beyond the basics, lampshade shapes also include square, cut-corner, hexagon, gallery, oval, or scalloped shapes. Square, rectangular and oval shades appear to have these shapes when viewed from above or below. This also includes hexagonal shades and cut-corner shades which appear like square or round shades with the "corners cut off" or indented. A shade with a gallery can be of any shape but has a distinct strip around the bottom of the shade.
Some of the lampshades are as follows;
- Rustic: simple elements like linen, cork, and cotton in muted earth tones complement rustic farmhouse or cottage interiors
- Traditional: often linen, paper shades, and silk shades inside pleated and box pleated shapes
- Modern: innovative shapes like drum, square, and cylinder
- Antique & Vintage Inspired: antique reproduction lamp shades demonstrate even past era, often in textures like glass, fringe, and beaded that are not generally found in current designs 
Lampshades by material
Lampshades are made of fabric, parchment, glass, Tiffany glass, paper or plastic. Common fabric materials include silk, linen and cotton. Fabric shades are reinforced by metal frames to give the lampshades their shape, while paper or plastic shades can hold their shape without support. For this reason, paper shades can be more fragile than fabric shades. Darker shades sometimes add a reflective liner such as gold or silver in order to maximize light output.
- Brand: Luxox
- SKU/Product Code: L-OBR-LS-0002 (Outdoor Braided, Rope & Cord Lamp Shade - Lampara)
- Primary Material : Outdoor Wicker (Powder Coated Aluminium & UV & Heat Stabilised HDPE Wicker)
- Dimensions: L 18/16 * W 18/16 * H 30/24 (Inches) / L 46/41 * W 46/41 * H 76/91 (cm)
- Installation/Assembly : Do it Yourself
- Qty / Cushion: N/A.
- Product Delivery: 4 to 6 weeks (Depends upon the type and ready availability of product; Luxox Sales team will contact you for estimated delivery date or you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org for further details)
- Maintenance Free (Washable, No re-painting required)
- Unique Designs, Premium Finish, Durable Quality
- 100% Buyer Protection
- Unmatched 6 Year Warranty on Fabric & Braided - Rope, 10 Year against manufacturing defects.
- Safe and Secure Payments with SSL
- 30 Days Replacement
- Customer Care to address your concerns
- Direct Buy from Established and Known Suppliers
- Colour & Weaving Pattern of Wicker
- Color of fabric
- Bulk Orders
- Track Your Orders
- Payment & Security
- Shipping & Delivery